I am, not so secretly, obsessed with my off-duty weekend outfits. We regularly go upstate in New York and my hunt for the perfect look, that will take me from the comforts of my sofa to the local coffee shop in Hudson, is endless.
This is one of my favourites and I have nailed it down to 5 easy essentials:
1. Sweatpants - These can be fancy cashmere or straight up regular joggers. I like to wear mine in charcoal grey. The only condition is that they are slightly tapered so they don't look sloppy. Mine are from Topshop and I officially love them.
2. Button down - This is basically a pj top in disguise but it offers a tailored look to your casual bottom half.
3. Turtleneck - I cannot own enough navy turtlenecks, chic AND warm and perfect for layering, you can't go wrong. Style tip: Leave your 'pj' shirt sticking out the bottom for bonus fashion points!
4. Shearling bootie - The Quoddy boot is a firm favourite as it's basically an ultra chic slipper in disguise but will last you forever.
5. Fur trimmed parka - A Woolrich parka, in my humble opinion, is totally worth the splurge. I tried on a whole range of styles (and prices) before committing to this beauty. It's so warm and yet still ticks the chic box. However there are lots of options out there if you don't want to commit to the $.